So I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Kelly of Dancing Through the Pages which is super exciting since I haven’t even had this blog for a year! So thank you Kelly! (:
Link and thank the blogger that nominated you
Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
Ask the 11 nominated bloggers 11 questions and tell them you’ve nominated them
1. What was the last book that made you cry?
To be honest I don’t usually cry while reading a book. I’m not really sure why, but there have been a very small amount of books that have actually gotten me to cry. The latest that got a few tears from me was probably The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken…(review)
2. What is a really underrated book that you would love to see on the big screen? Why?
This is a tough question because with many books I read there is a part of me that desperately wishes I could see it in movie form, but at the same time I hope it never becomes a movie because I don’t want the book to be, well for the lack of a better word, ruined. With that said, I’d have to say I would like to see a movie adaptation for Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. Or Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher…except that would be too depressing to see on screen….Both of these books are just great for young teens to read. I don’t really know what else to say.
3. What is something in a book that has to be well-done for you to like it? (For me, it’s characterization.) Is it plot, setting, characters, etc?
Okay this may be weird, but GRAMMAR! I hate when authors have grammatical/spelling errors in their book, it bothers me so much! (refer to my post about The Darkest Minds)…Other than that, I like for the author to have very specific character qualities, so I can really visualize and connect with them. Also, the plot should be well thought out and interesting, not rushed!
4. Is there a book that you consider your guilty pleasure? If so, why?
Hmm well I would have to say I absolutely love the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard, even though everyone complains they’ve gone on for too long. I, too, sometimes complain about this but I can’t help it! I love the whole gossipy-teenage-murder-mystery genre of the series! Even though sometimes the plots of the later books could either be irrelevant or not make any sense, I can’t help but give the books a great review. I love Sara Shepard, even if she added on eight more books to a series that could have stopped at the eighth book.
5. What is your favorite book setting? (Stuff like this -> Fantasy AU, Boarding School, Hollywood, New York, Foreign Countries, etc.)
Usually I am a fan of books set in a place where I actually know what the heck the author is talking about. More specifically, I do enjoy reading books taking place in America, but at the same time, it is so much fun to read a book in a completely made up universe, so I can completely immerse myself in the characters’ world. This is probably why I love The Mortal Instruments series because it combines the two.
6. What is a book that you want to read purely for the cover?
Oh my goodness the list goes on and on! First of all, I’d have to say These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! I did try reading the first couple chapters and couldn’t get into it right away…Then there’s Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon. Again, gorgeous cover! (I guess I have a thing for covers that feature girls in big dresses haha). I have not yet gotten my hands on it but I hope to soon! Still, I have even more books I could name, which can be seen in my list for book covers I love on GoodReads.
7. Is there a book that you’ve tried to read innumerable times but have never been able to finish? What is it?
I can’t say there’s been a book that I’ve tried to read more than once because if I start to dislike it, I usually just stop there and never go back. So therefore, here are some books I stopped reading about 40 pages in: Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Panic by Lauren Oliver, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, and The Heiresses by Sara Shepard. The first three I tried to read because of the great reviews, but sadly I just couldn’t do it…And then I tried to read The Heiresses because duh, Sara Shepard! But it was quite different from PLL and I just couldn’t make it through…
8. What is your OTP (One True Pairing)?
There’s too many to name! Haha. I’d have to say Aria Montgomery and Noel Kahn (Pretty Little Liars), and of course, forever and always Tris and Four (Divergent). <333333
9. Why and when did you start your book blog?
I started my book blog just this year, about four months ago. I always wanted to have a blog, but I knew mine wouldn’t be as great as others. But eventually I decided to give it a shot. I always think about how cool it would be to be a book reviewer on YouTube, though. It seems so fun, but having an online book blog is still pretty cool. I love to check out other book blogger’s posts.
10. If you estimate, what is most books you’ve ever checked out from your library?
If you mean just in one day, I would probably have to say five. It seems like a pretty small number, but for me it’s a lot. I can barely handle reading three books at a time.
11. What is your favorite type of post to write for your blog?
Well I like posting book reviews because I love to hear what other people thought about the book in the comments, or when they link me to their review of the book. It’s fun being able to share our thoughts and love for a book.
- What is your absolute favorite thing about reading?
- Do you read books that are considered “classics”? (For ex: Romeo & Juliet, Jane Eyre, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Gatsby, etc.) Why/why not?
- Do you have an all time favorite author? Who & why?
- Do you like to reread books? Why/why not?
- How many books do you think you own? Or do you like checking them out from the library better–if yes, why?
- What’s your favorite childhood book? Why?
- Do you like to write books or do you only like to read them?
- If you could be any character in any book who would you be and why?
- What’s the most books you’ve read in a year? (don’t keep track for that long? then how about in one week/month?)
- What is a book you’ve read that you would recommend everyone should read?
- Do you like book-to-movie adaptations? Why/why not?
I would like to tag:
Sorry I didn’t tag eleven people! It’s hard to find blogs that haven’t already been tagged. (And some of you have quite a few more than 200 followers but oh well…) If you’ve already been tagged, don’t feel like you need to do it again! (:
Thanks again for the nomination Kelly! I can’t wait to read all of your responses. (: